In March 2022, Disney+ is bringing Pixar’s newest movie, the remake of a comedy movie, a new MCU TV show, and Steven Spielberg’s latest project.
In March 2022, Disney+ is welcoming Steven Spielberg’s latest project, Pixar’s newest adventure, the remake of a beloved comedy, and a new TV series from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As the coronavirus epidemic continues and cinemas all over the world keep operating as normal, streaming services haven’t lost any force. Each platform continuously adds new content, and in Disney+’s case, it has a variety of movies and TV shows to add from its different branches as well as original content from its most popular brands.
February saw the arrival of Marvel Studios: Assembled – The Making of Hawkeye and The Making of Eternals, The Wonderful Winter of Mickey Mouse, The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder, the final episodes of The Book of Boba Fett, and the action-comedy Free Guy. March will see the addition of more TV shows from National Geographic, such as Brain Games: On The Road, more animated shows like Big City Greens, and more content for all ages and tastes – but the real focus this month will be on the new content, as some highly-anticipated titles will now be available to stream.
When it comes to original content, Disney+ will bring Steven Spielberg’s take on West Side Story, Pixar’s newest movie, a new version of the beloved comedy Cheaper By The Dozen, a look at Olivia Rodrigo’s road to success, and the first episode of Marvel’s Moon Knight. Here’s everything new to Disney+ in March 2022.
Brain Games: On The Road (season 1)
Broken Karaoke (season 1, 5 episodes)
Mickey Mouse Funhouse (season 1, 4 episodes)
West Side Story
- Inspired by William Shakespeare’s classic Romeo and Juliet, West Side Story takes place in the 1950s and focuses on rival street gangs the Jets (a white gang) and the Sharks (from Puerto Rico), and their conflict grows when Tony (Ansel Elgort), a former Jet, falls in love with Maria (Rachel Zegler), the sister of the Sharks’ leader, Bernardo (David Alvarez).
The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder – Episode 3 “It All Started with an Orange Basketball”
Russia’s Wild Tiger
Weekend Family (season 1)
The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder – Episode 4 “Father Figures”
Turning Red – Premiere
- Turning Red introduces Mei Lee (voice of Rosalie Chiang), a confident, dorky 13-year-old torn between staying her mother’s dutiful daughter and the chaos of adolescence. Her protective, if not slightly overbearing mother, Ming (Sandra Oh), is never far from her daughter – an unfortunate reality for the teenager. As if changes to her interests, relationships, and body weren’t enough, whenever she gets too excited (which is practically always), she “poofs” into a giant red panda.
Embrace the Panda: Making Turning Red – Premiere
- Embrace the Panda: Making Turning Red is a feature documentary about the all-women team at the helm of Pixar’s original feature, Turning Red. With behind-the-scenes access to director Domee Shi and her core leadership crew, this story shines a light on the powerful professional and personal journeys that brought this incredibly comical, utterly relatable, and deeply heartfelt story to the screen.
Big City Greens (season 3, 5 episodes)
Miraculous Tales Of Ladybug & Cat Noir (season 4, 6 episodes)
Muppet Babies (S3, 2 episodes)
Spidey And His Amazing Friends (season 1, 5 episodes)
The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder – Episode 5 “Snackland”
Cheaper by the Dozen – Premiere
- Cheaper by the Dozen is a fresh take on the 2003 hit family comedy. It’s the story of the raucous exploits of a blended family of 12, the Bakers, as they navigate a hectic home life while simultaneously managing their family business. The movie stars Gabrielle Union, Zach Braff, Erika Christensen, Timon Kyle Durrett, Journee Brown, Kylie Rogers, Andre Robinson, Caylee Blosenski, Aryan Simhadri, Leo Abelo Perry, Mykal-Michelle Harris, Christian Cote, Sebastian Cote, and Luke Prael.
More Than Robots – Premiere
- An original documentary, More Than Robots follows four teams of teenagers from around the world as they prepare for the 2020 FIRST® Robotics Competition. Get to know teams from Los Angeles, México City, and Chiba, Japan as they work towards the goal of taking their unique designs all the way to the highly competitive global championships. Although they are faced with overcoming challenges along the way, such as having limited resources within their community or putting everything on hold because of a worldwide pandemic, the kids persevere and learn that there is a lot more to the competition than just robots.
Doc McStuffins (Shorts) (season 1)
The Doc Files (season 1)
Parallels – season 1 Premiere (All Episodes Streaming)
- Parallels follows four teenage friends on the French-Swiss border whose lives are turned upside down when a mysterious event scatters the group across time and into separate universes. With two friends in the present day, and the other two in a completely separate timeline, they race to find each other, hoping to unravel the mystery of the event and return home before forever alerting their futures.
The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder – Episode 6 “Get In”
OLIVIA RODRIGO: driving home 2 u – Premiere
- Grammy® nominated singer-songwriter Olivia Rodrigo takes a familiar road trip from Salt Lake City, where she began writing her debut album SOUR, to Los Angeles. Along the way, Rodrigo recounts the memories of writing and creating her record-breaking debut album and shares her feelings as a young woman navigating a specific time in her life. Through new live arrangements of her songs, intimate interviews and never-before-seen footage from the making of the album, audiences will follow Olivia along on a cinematic journey exploring the story of SOUR.
The Wonderful Spring of Mickey Mouse – Premiere
- Mickey Mouse and his friends explore the promise of the spring season through the lens of a unique nature documentary.
I Cavalieri Di Castelcorvo (season 1)
Moon Knight – Premiere
- When Steven Grant, a mild-mannered gift-shop employee, becomes plagued with blackouts and memories of another life, he discovers he has dissociative identity disorder and shares a body with mercenary Marc Spector. As Steven/Marc’s enemies converge upon them, they must navigate their complex identities while thrust into a deadly mystery among the powerful gods of Egypt.
The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder – Episode 7 “When You Wish Upon a Roker”
Will Daredevil & Other Marvel Netflix Shows Release On Disney+ In March 2022?
Marvel’s The Defenders shows leave Netflix on March 1, 2022, but will they then come to Disney+? The rights to the series are back with Disney, and Daredevil and other Marvel shows will release on Disney+ in Canada on March 16, 2022. The United States is a little bit different, as Disney+ doesn’t currently offer Star (which would be the easiest way to add the more mature content to the service), so it remains to be seen whether or not Marvel’s Defenders shows will release on Disney+ in the US in March, if they’ll go to Hulu, or something else entirely.
Next: Moon Knight Is Finally Delivering On WandaVision’s Disney+ Promise
Walking Dead: Was Lori Really Eaten By The Bloated Walker
About The Author